Former garda reserve charged with fraud

first_imgAdvertisement Print Facebook NewsBreaking newsFormer garda reserve charged with fraudBy admin – October 17, 2013 899 Linkedin Report by Andrew CareySign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up A COMPLEX and lengthy investigation is underway concerning a former member of the Garda Reserve in connection with allegation of fraudulent claims made for job seekers allowance,38-year-old Cameroonian, Charles Eyombo, with an address at Bru Na Gruadan, Castletroy is charged with making gain through loss or deception contrary to section 6 of the theft and fraud offences act 2001.It is alleged that the former garda reserve who served in Shannon, presented to the Department of Social Protection on Dominick Street, Limerick on February 20, 2013 and signed on for Jobseeker’s Allowance and failed to notify the Minister of a change in his circumstances.Sgt Donal Cronin told Limerick District Court that the directions of the DPP were being sought and asked for a lengthy adjournment due to the complex nature of the investigation. Judge Eugene O’Kelly heard that the matter is alleged to span a “number of years”.Dates from August 2009 to March of this year are understood to be under investigation for a defraud totalling in the region of €36,000.The matter, which first appeared before the courts earlier this summer, was put back to February 19 next year.center_img Twitter Email WhatsApp Previous articleParamedic to be sentenced for video recording woman in toiletNext articleTerrible secrets of abuse at Limerick family guesthouse adminlast_img read more

Resignation repeat results in board-level HR position

first_imgResignation repeat results in board-level HR positionOn 4 May 2004 in Personnel Today Comments are closed. Previous Article Next Article Related posts:No related photos. BSkyB’s group HR director has resigned – the second HR chief to leave inless than a year. But the move has created a board-level HR post for theincoming director. In an e-mail to staff late last month, chief executive James Murdochannounced that Marie-Hélène Ferguson, BSkyB’s group HR director, had”resigned from the company to take up her next challenge outside ofSky”. It is understood she left the same day. Ferguson joined Sky in 2000 as the company’s first dedicated employmentsolicitor. She then took over the position of group HR director after the suddenresignation of Craig McCoy last year, following controversy over unionrecognition. BSkyB has created a new post – group director for people and organisationaldevelopment – and has appointed Beryl Cook, who was previously seniorvice-president for HR at Asian broadcaster Star TV. Cook will report directly to Murdoch. last_img read more

COVID-19: Jokowi cancels Idul Fitri open house event at State Palace

first_imgPresident Joko “Jokowi” Widodo will not host an open house public gathering at the State Palace on the first day of the Idul Fitri holidays on Monday to comply with physical distancing measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.Last year, the President hosted a similar event at Merdeka Palace, with thousands thronging to greet him.“An open house will involve a large mass gathering that can increase COVID-19 transmission, therefore, the President will not host the event,” presidential staffer Angkie Yudistia wrote in a statement on Friday. Read also: Some regional leaders to allow mass Idul Fitri prayers despite calls to worship at homeShe added that Jokowi understood that Idul Fitri was a moment to forgive each other and to strengthen ties with relatives and friends. However, people needed to maintain physical distance and communicate online instead, Angkie said.“All meetings held and attended by the President are conducted virtually using video. There should be no exception for Idul Fitri gatherings.”The government previously declared a ban on all mass religious activities, including Idul Fitri congregational prayers, to prevent a spike in COVID-19 cases. (aly)Topics :last_img read more

Google boots far-right site from ad platform

first_imgTopics : “We do have strict publisher policies that govern the content ads can run on, which includes comments on the site. This is a longstanding policy.”The action against ZeroHedge and warning sent to The Federalist related to content in comments sections that consistently violated Google’s policy about dangerous and derogatory content, according to the internet company.The offending content was related to false information about recent Black Lives Matter protests, US media reported. ZeroHedge said in a post at the website that it is appealing Google’s decision and expects to “remedy” the situation. Google on Tuesday confirmed that it booted one far-right website from its ad platform and put another on notice for hosting “dangerous and derogatory” comments about civil rights protests.The internet giant said that it stopped channeling money-making ads to ZeroHedge and warned The Federalist that it too could be blocked from Google Ads for violating policy about content.“To be clear, The Federalist is not currently demonetized,” a Google spokesperson said in response to an AFP inquiry.center_img The policy at issue was put in place by Google three years ago as part of an effort to avoid advertisers from having their marketing messages appear next to vile or hateful content on websites.last_img read more