BoyleSports secures Birmingham City sponsorship deal

first_img Submit BoyleSports signs Coventry City sponsorship August 21, 2020 Share In its biggest sponsorship deal in over a decade, Birmingham City Football Club has named BoyleSports as its new principal partner until the end of the 2020/21 season.The new agreement will see Ireland’s largest independent bookmaker’s logo displayed on the front of the men’s team playing kit and replica shirts, replacing the current 888Sport logo from the most recent sponsorship deal.Leon Blanche, head of communications for BoyleSports, praised the new partnership: “We are absolutely thrilled to be on board and proud to be pledging ourselves as Birmingham City’s principal partner. “It’s an honour to be joining forces with a club steeped in history and tradition and we believe it’s a perfect match between a club and company who are on the same page in terms of our huge ambitions.”The deal will also hope to cement BoyleSports’ position into the Birmingham community, with the aim of delivering local support to the surrounding communities. Ian Dutton, chief commercial officer for Birmingham City FC, said: “We are delighted and thrilled to be welcoming BoyleSports as the club’s new Principal Shirt Partner. Throughout our discussions with them it was clear that they identified the club as the perfect avenue to support their ambition to conquer the UK market.”“We were also extremely impressed with the way they want to give back to the fans and the local community, so we can look forward to some unique activations that will benefit the club, fans and our great city.” StumbleUpon Related Articles 888 integrates Golden Race virtuals in new partnership April 22, 2020 Share 888 calls for Betgenius sportsbook makeover June 25, 2020last_img read more

Teen dies in mining pit accident

first_imgA teenage miner is now dead after the mining pit in which he was working caved, in covering him with rubble.Dead is 18-year-old Emanuel Narine of La Grange, West Bank Demerara (WBD).Reports are that the now dead miner was working along with others in a mining pit at Oko Baramally, Sand Hill Backdam, Region 10, when the pit caved in, completely covering him. This newspaper was told that the impact of the rubble falling on the teen broke his neck and caused his demise.The teen’s brother, Orwin Narine, took three hours before he was able to reach the Police to report the incident. Due to the location and the amount of slush, Narine’s body was left in the backdam for almost two days before it was retrieved.Police “F” Division Commander, Kevin Adonis, told Guyana Times on Thursday that the young man’s body is presently at the Lyken Funeral Parlour in Georgetown.A Post Mortem will be performed on Narine’s body today (Friday) to determine the cause of his death. Meanwhile, investigations are continuing into the matter.Last month, 17-year-old Mazaruni miner Romeo Ruben lost his life when the walls of a mining pit in which he was working caved in at Gold Hill Backdam, Upper Mazaruni.A mining pit in Guyana’s interiorAnother miner, 54-year-old Timothy Hunter of Jawalla Reservation, Upper Mazaruni, lost his life on January 31 last.Based on information received, Hunter along with others were working in the pit when a wall suddenly collapsed, covering him in the process. The other workers reportedly attempted to get him from under the debris, but by the time they did, he had already succumbed.On December 27, 2018, an 11-year-old boy who was working illegally in a mining camp died when the mining pit caved in on him.Shortly before this, Lennox Douglas, 33, of Canvas City, Wismar Linden, met his demise when a portion of rocks from a mining pit reportedly fell onto his head.He was rushed to the Issano Health Centre, where he succumbed to his injuries.His death came on the heels of two other mining-related deaths that recently occurred in Mowasi Backdam, where Shawn Anthony James, 32, of Aishalton Village, Rupununi, and Deon Sproston, called “Jersey Joe”, of Lot 133 Mon Repos, East Coast Demerara, lost their lives after the pit they were working in also caved-in.last_img read more

Students demand Chavez holiday

first_imgHispanic students and others staged small marches Friday to demand that the birthday of the late United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez become a national holiday and that Congress pass a legalization program for the nation’s estimated 12 million undocumented immigrants. About 875 students from 13 Los Angeles middle schools and high schools walked out of class or skipped school to participate in the marches, said Angie Levine, a Los Angeles Unified School District spokeswoman. About 100 marched in Sacramento and another 100 demonstrated in Oakland. As they walked down Cesar Chavez Avenue in Los Angeles, teens chanted in Spanish “Si se puede!” or “Yes, it can be done!” and waved Mexican and American flags. “If the government won’t do it, we have to come out here and force them to,” said Roberto Vera, 14, an illegal immigrant from Mexico. “Everybody is equal. It doesn’t matter where you were born.” In Sacramento, roughly 100 students trailed by police marched to the state Capitol, wearing brown ribbons representing Mexican culture and solidarity. “We deserve to take it (the day) off. My family has been farmworkers, and Cesar Chavez has meant a lot for our family – with the union, better health care and better wages,” said Leticia Sanchez-Mata, 16. Marchers on Oakland’s International Boulevard carried signs calling for unity and asked for recognition of Hispanic contributions to the country. Many called for reform that would allow immigrants who are working illegally to stay.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Cynthia Gomez, 16, agreed. “Just like Martin Luther King, Cesar Chavez is a hero to all Latinos,” she said. “We should honor him in the same way.” Cesar Chavez Day is a holiday for state employees and some school districts. The Los Angeles school district, which includes about 700,000 students, does not observe it as a holiday, said Levine, the district spokeswoman. Friday’s demonstrations paled in comparison to walkouts a year ago when about 40,000 students across Southern California protested by marching. Last year’s protests came days after a March 25 demonstration that brought 500,000 people to downtown Los Angeles in favor of immigration reform, an issue that’s been stalled in Congress since last summer. last_img read more